Preparing to move to a new city to study? Congratulations! You’re probably now ready to choose your home away from home, the place where you’ll stay and make new friends!
Getting your student housing sorted out before your big move is crucial. It brings peace of mind, ensuring you have a dependable place to call home. So, make it a priority to navigate the process of selecting suitable accommodation that meets your needs and preferences.
To help you get a reliable place to live and get everything started smoothly for a great academic journey ahead, Modern Student Accommodation York offers nothing but the best when it comes to York student accommodation , all within the closest proximity to York St John University, the University of York and York College.
5 Tips To Transform York Student Accommodation Into Your Own Space
Living in York student accommodation can be an exciting experience full of new opportunities and adventures. However, adjusting to a new environment can be challenging. You should choose student accommodation that meets all your needs, including space (studio or shared), type of rooms, proximity to essential services, and other factors.
Here are some tips and tricks to make the most of your student accommodation experience in York.
1. Decorate Your Room To Make It Cosy & Personal
A great way to make your living space feel more like home is to decorate your room. Use items that you love, such as photos, artwork, and decor pieces (be careful not to hang anything on walls without Landlord permission), to create a unique and cosy ambiance. Add some fairy lights, a rug, or soft cushions to make your room more comfortable and inviting.
Consider investing in storage solutions to help keep your room tidy and organised. Use baskets, boxes, and shelves to keep your belongings in order and out of sight, creating a more spacious and relaxed atmosphere.
2. Make Friends With Your Flatmates & Neighbours
Living with flatmates can be challenging, but communication is key. Take the time to get to know your flatmates and make an effort to be friendly and respectful. Be mindful of noise levels and keep shared areas clean and tidy.
It’s also important to be considerate of your neighbours, especially when it comes to noise. Keeping noise levels low between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. will ensure everyone gets a good night’s rest.
3. Save Money On Food, Bills, & Entertainment
Living on a student budget requires careful consideration of expenditures. Here are some tips to help you save money:
- Prepare your meals in advance and shop smartly. Plan your meals for the week and buy groceries in bulk to save money on food costs.
- Turn off lights, appliances, and electronics when not in use to save on your energy bills.
- Check out local museums, galleries, and other attractions that offer free admission for students, providing access to great entertainment at no cost. Go visit the York Shambles for instance, you will love it- we are sure!!
4. Balance Your Studies and Social Life
University life is not all about studying. It’s important to find a balance between your academic and social lives. Here are some tips:
- Create a schedule to balance your studies and social activities. Plan your study time around your social commitments, ensuring that you can complete your academic work while still enjoying your social life.
- Join student societies to meet new people and pursue your interests and hobbies, providing opportunities for socialisation and a sense of community.
- Plan social activities around campus events, providing opportunities for new experiences and promoting a healthy balance between work and play.
5. Explore The City & Its Attractions
The city of York offers a wide range of attractions and activities to explore due to its rich cultural and historical heritage. Here are some tips:
- Check out the city’s museums, galleries, and historical landmarks that offer free or discounted admission for students. This provides a great opportunity to learn more about the history and culture of York.
- Discover the city’s green spaces and river walks that offer a tranquil respite from the hustle and bustle of student life.
- Attend local events, festivals, and markets, getting involved in the city’s vibrant culture and community.
- Take trips to nearby towns and cities, such as Leeds, Manchester, and Newcastle, which offer further exploration opportunities.
Modern Student Accommodation Is The Answer To Your Prayers!
Overall, living in any York student accommodation (not just our houses) can be a rewarding experience that presents unique opportunities to meet new people, explore new places, and discover new hobbies and interests. With these tips and tricks, you can create a comfortable and personal living space, maintain positive relationships with others, budget effectively, balance work with play, and enjoy all the city has to offer.
When you are looking for your new York student accommodation, we try to cater to your schedule! We are pleased to offer you virtual house tours of our properties from the comfort of your own home, making viewings that bit easier for you. We also go the extra length to always ensure your safety at Modern Student Accommodation York – you are a student and peace of mind is crucial to good grades. That is why all our properties come with secure, well maintained locks. No need to worry on that front.
Our student houses are conveniently located near York St John University and the University of York so you are always within close proximity of where you need to be. What’s more, our York student houses are thoughtfully designed to provide convenience, functionality, and a nurturing environment for your academic endeavours. The shared facilities are regularly refreshed, with some of our homes getting new bathroom and kitchen upgrades every couple of years!
Our York student accommodation includes three main options, namely 4-bedroom houses, 5-bedroom houses, and 6-bedroom houses. Contact us today and find yourself the best accommodation near York University!